What to Know Before Hiring a Carpet Cleaning Company
Carpets are among the most frequently used items in the house. Over time, they can collect many germs, dust, dirt, allergens, bacteria, pet dander, and human hair. Due to constant foot traffic, these microbes and bacteria can stay hidden in carpet fibers for a year if the carpets are not regularly cleaned.
While you can try to clean the carpets on your own, hiring a carpet cleaning professional provides the best results for almost the same cost as renting a cleaning machine and doing it yourself. Knowing what criteria to look for and what questions to ask can help you save time, money, and stress.
- Ask for referrals. If you know someone who has hired cleaners in the past, ask about their experience. Check online reviews to see what people are saying to hire the best carpet cleaners in your area. Nextdoor is also a great app to ask your neighbors for recommendations.
- Their customer service. During your search for the right carpet cleaning service, do take the time to speak with them either via phone, email, or another method of communication. See how quickly do they respond to you and if they address all your questions and concerns.
- Ask for insurance and certifications. Find out about license and insurance requirements for contractors in your state. The last thing you want to do is hire a company that’s not a legitimate business. A “yes” answer should mean the carpet cleaners are prepared to give you evidence of his/her bonding and insurance.
- Get written, itemized estimates. Don’t just go with the first company you contact. Get multiple estimates and compare the cost, quality of work, and warranties. Compare quotes to save money but be sure to choose the provider that gives a quality service. Remember, sometimes cheap services come with cheap results.
- Check what equipment and cleaning technique will be used. Find a company that has a fast extraction and drying process. Steam cleaning is the most common technique professional carpet cleaners use and the method recommended by many carpet manufacturers.
Duraclean Restoration and Cleaning, located in Pleasantville, NY, provides Duraclean®’s patented cleaning services for residential and commercial customers. Our certified, licensed, bonded, insured experienced technicians will clean your home or restore your carpets to pre-loss condition. The safe patented Duraclean foam absorption process eliminates over-wetting and damage to fibers and fabrics. Soil lifts out, carpets and upholstery dry quickly…Flower fresh, really clean.